Thursday, July 11, 2013

sneak peek.

When I was still in my teens, I was taught that the proper way to make tea was in a teapot, and that the sin of all sins was to make tea in a cup.  In addition to keeping your tea hot for a longer period of time a tea cozy was part of the tradition and charm of making a proper cup of tea.

Jump ahead 3 decades and tea has become a huge trend, complete with the latest equipment and techniques....not to mention the tons of different varieties of tea that have hit the market. Not only has tea has been dubbed the "new coffee" it has also been named, by multiple food experts, as one of the hot food trends of 2013. 

My one daughter who is an avid tea drinker, has been keeping me up to date with this new trend and she has inspired me to come up with a new crochet design for a tea cozy.  From what I understand, different teas need to be brewed at different temperatures, so it only makes sense to have a proper tea cozy keep your water at the optimal temperature for perfect brewing.




I have a busy weekend planned, but the crochet pattern for the "Tea Time Cozy" should be ready by early next week.



kim.

2 comments: